Getting Your Accident Report from the Brea PD
Have you been involved in a serious traffic accident that was responded to by the Brea Police Department? If so, we recommend that you request a copy of your traffic report.
Victims of serious vehicle accidents often face significant hardship caused by lost wages, property damage, and an assortment of medical bills. The police accident report contains important information that you’ll need in order to receive the most compensation for your troubles.
Here, we’ve explained your options for obtaining a copy of your Brea Police Department accident report.
Need assistance? Let our qualified attorneys help.
We understand that the time following a serious traffic accident is filled with pain, shock, anxiety, and confusion. If you find yourself in this situation, we want to help. Complete the short form below and one of our qualified injury attorneys will contact you to help you track down your report.
How to Request a Copy of Your Brea Police Accident Report
According to the Brea Police Department, you can request a copy of your accident report in-person, or by mail, email and fax.
Requesting Your Report In-Person
Head over to the Brea Police Station at:
Brea Police Station
1 Civic Center Circle
Brea, CA 92821-5732
The Record Division front counter is open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm and Saturday, 8 am to 2 pm. Make sure to bring valid government-issued identification. There is a fee of $3.00 per report.
Requesting Your Accident Report By Mail, Email or Fax
To request a copy of your report by mail, email or fax, print and fill out a copy of the Request for Release of Records Information from. You will need to enter the following information:
- Your name, address, and phone
- Police report number
- Type, date, and location of the incident
- Driver’s license number
- Your signature
- Credit card payment information or a check for the $3.00 fee.
Return your request form in one of the following three ways:
- Brea Police Department
- Attn: Police Records1 Civic Center CircleBrea, CA 92821-5732
- Brea Police Department
- Email to email@example.com
- Emailed requests are returned via fax or email only. Please indicate your preference on the request form.
- Fax to (714)990-7641
Fees for Obtaining Your Report
- There is a $3.00 fee for accident reports.
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card. DO NOT MAIL CASH.
- Checks can be made payable to the City of Brea.
- Payments are processed at the time the request is approved.
Important Items to Note About Obtaining Your Report:
- Accident reports are not available online at this time.
- Report requests are processed in 10 working days upon receipt.
- Please call The Brea Police Records Division at (714) 990-7626 with any questions.
Serious Accident? You May Need to Fill Out a DMV SR-1 Form
California law requires that you fill out a DMV SR-1 Form within 10 days of your accident if:
- There was property damage of more than $1,000
- Anyone was injured
- Anyone was killed
If your accident meets any of these criteria, we can help you fill out and submit your form. Please call us anytime or contact us online for help.