Cypress Police Department Traffic Collision Report

Mission Viejo Police Accident Reports

Have you been involved in a serious traffic accident that was responded to by the Cypress Police Department? If so, we recommend that you request a copy of your traffic report.

Victims of serious vehicle accidents often face significant hardship caused by lost wages, property damage, and an assortment of medical bills. The police accident report contains important information that you’ll need in order to receive the most compensation for your troubles.

Here, we’ve explained your options for obtaining a copy of your Cypress Police Department accident report.

Need assistance? Let our qualified attorneys help.

We understand that the time following a serious traffic accident is filled with pain, shock, anxiety, and confusion. If you find yourself in this situation, we want to help. Complete the short form below and one of our qualified injury attorneys will contact you to help you track down your report.

How to Request a Copy of Your Cypress Accident Report

Cypress Accident Reports can be obtained in person or through the mail. The Cypress Police Department highly recommends you make your request in-person. In-person requests are generally completed on the same day.  

Requesting Your Report In-Person

Accident report requests can be made in-person at the Cypress Police Station Records Department.

Cypress Police Department

5275 Orange Ave.

Cypress, CA 90630

Get Directions

Be prepared with the following pieces of information:

  • Case report number.
  • Your involvement and why you are requesting the record.
  • Your government-issued driver’s license or ID.

The records department is open Monday through Friday, 6 am to 6 pm. Copies will only be released for purchase only to those directly involved in the case. There is a fee of $1.00 for the first page and $0.10 for each additional page.

Requesting (and Receiving) Your Accident Report Through the Mail

Records requests can be made through the mail. Print and fill out the Cypress Police Department Application for Release of Records form. You will need to include your name, address, case number, report type, your involvement, why you are requesting the record and your signature. The Records department will call you when your record becomes available and ask that you pay the fee at that time. Mail the Application for Release of Records form and a copy of your government issued driver’s license or ID to:

Cypress Police Department

5275 Orange Ave.

Cypress, CA 90630

Important Items to Note About Obtaining Your Report:

  • Accident reports are not available online.
  • Please call (714) 229-6610 to confirm your report’s availability, or with any questions.
  • Requests are reviewed on a case by case basis. Most reports are available in 48 hours but some may take up to 10 days depending on the nature of the incident.
  • Be prepared to provide a legitimate legal reason for requesting the report, the completed form and a government issued drivers license or ID.   


Questions can be directed to Records personnel at (714) 229-6610.

Serious Accident? You May Need to Fill Out a DMV SR-1 Form

California law requires that you fill out a DMV SR-1 Form within 10 days of your accident if:

  • There was property damage of more than $1,000
  • Anyone was injured
  • Anyone was killed

If your accident meets any of these criteria, we can help you fill out and submit your form. Please call us anytime or contact us online for help.

Aria Miran
Share this post

Need Legal Assistance?

Feel free to get in touch with us and we will get back to you as soon as possible

    CALL (415) 612-3725